This policy statement is inclusive of all Child Evangelism Fellowship of New Zealand (CEF NZ) internet sites.
Children Under 13
Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email address, phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved with your children’s online experience and to share your interest in our sites with them.
Information CEF NZ Collects
On CEF NZ web sites you can provide contact information for ministry-related purposes, to order resources, or to make ministry contributions. Here are the types of personal information that we collect:
The information that we collect online includes:
- Contact Information: Name, Organization, complete address, phone, email address.
- Promotional Information: How you found us, what prompted your interest and your areas of interest.
- Survey Information: contact information and demographics such as postal/zip code, age level.
- Correspondence Information: Suggestions, comments, messages, questions and requests for further correspondence such as Newsletters, e-mail lists, and information requests.
- Usage Information: IP address, browser type, operating system, and date stamps.
How CEF NZ Uses the Information
CEF NZ uses contact information to communicate with you. Promotional information is used to help us prioritize our promotional efforts and to ensure that we respond to your areas of interest. Surveys are completely voluntary and users therefore do not need to disclose information. Survey information is used to improve our ministry and our sites. Correspondence information is used to accept recommendations, answer questions and facilitate future correspondence as requested.
We use log files to track trends and improve the user experience. This data is not linked to personally identifiable information. We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, or protect the rights, property, or safety of CEF NZ, our users, or others.
CEF NZ never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges any information obtained online with other organizations. CEF NZ never discloses the identity of its donors to others. While CEF NZ contracts with printing, marketing, auditing, address correction, and other like firms to help us in our work, use of the information is limited to the internal purposes of CEF NZ.
How We Protect What We Know About You
CEF NZ is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drives containing information about the user. Cookies allow us to keep track of your user name and password so you don’t have to re-enter that information each time you visit one of our sites. Most browsers contain information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of various features on our sites that are available to other visitors.
Limitation of Liability
CEF NZ will not be liable for any damages or injury that accompany or result from your use of any of its sites. These include, but are not limited to, damages or injury caused by any:
- Use of or any inability to use the sites
- Use of or inability to use any site to which you hyperlink from our sites
- Failure of our sites to perform in the manner you expected or desired
- Error or omission our sites
- Interruption of availability of our sites
- Defect our sites
- Delay in operation or transmission of our sites
- Computer virus or line failure
We are not liable even if we’ve been negligent or if our authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages or both.
Our Web sites may contain links to other sites. Such a link should not be seen as an endorsement, approval or agreement with any information or resources offered at sites you can access through our sites. Please be aware that Child Evangelism Fellowship is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes